Ready to Start.. The New Regimen

We got the results from Wanda, the Naturopath I mentioned two posts ago. Just to refresh, Wanda did a saliva DNA test to find out what's going on inside that little body. She found....drumroll please... diphtheria and graphites and a deficiency of iron and nitrogen.

Let's start with Diphtheria. The DTaP vaccine that babies get at 2 months, 4 months, and 6 months stands for: D - Diphtheria, T - Tetanus, and P - Pertussis. To be clear, Josie doesn't have the actual illness, but a significant amount of the Diphtheria toxin was found in her body. I'm just wondering how a baby gets the very bacteria that she was vaccinated three times to prevent? I'm trying to wrap my brain around this one. I'm doing research on the disease and the controversy around this specific vaccine. I won't bring my findings here as my focus and energy now is just to rid Josie of the toxin. And that's Phase One of Wanda's regimen.

Wanda also found graphites aka lead. I asked why Josie's blood test for lead, months ago, came back normal and the answer is that what doctors deem "normal" in babies doesn't mean there's absolutely no lead in her. There is. And Phase Two of the regimen will include a homeopathic remedy to remove it. We're also starting calcium since lead disrupts the absorption of calcium.

As for the iron and nitrogen deficiencies, we're adding foods that are rich in both to her diet. Since we recently stopped the diet Dr. Palevsky recommended, we've already been adding such foods, like bananas and almond milk, so hopefully she's already improving her iron and nitrogen levels. As I'm writing this, I'm realizing that iron can disrupt the absorption of calcium. Hmmm, I'll have to ask Wanda if increasing her iron will affect the calcium supplements.

So Phase One starts tomorrow and it includes:
- 2 bottles of the homeopathic remedy Diphtheria. Note: homeopathic remedy names are often the names of the toxin it detoxes.
- A calcium supplement called kid-e-calc
- A supplement called kid-e-trac - for overall brain and central nervous system health (yes please).

Phase Two starts when the 2 bottles of Diphtheria are finished. I'll write about that plan when we get there.

Anyway, I've been making Josie's almond milk every day. It's easy to make, delicious, and 100% organic.

I'm very encouraged to start this regimen. We may actually know now why Josie's central nervous system and digestive system are unable to function properly and we can start the process to eliminate the culprits.

On a side note, Josie spoke today!! I'm not kidding. She didn't say actual words, but she spoke a string of 2 or 3 jumbled words and I heard her little baby voice for the first time! Yes, we hear her yell often - happy, frustrated, angry, and all sorts of yells, but this was different. It was her voice. It was so so so cute. And she looked me straight in the eye when she spoke.

**Music reference: Ready to Start is one of my favorite Arcade Fire songs. It's a long survivor (at least 6 months) in my RUN playlist and I'm not even remotely tired of it. Arcade Fire is one of those bands I never hear anyone say they don't like.

Here's Josie laughing in her crib today.








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Honk For a Cure : The Power of "Yes"

The Air That I Breathe...

And now we have a diagnosis.