Believe

It's the end of August now and things are still getting better in the sweet world of Miss Josie girl.
She's getting stronger. No "milestones" reached yet, but she is absolutely stronger. She is more connected to everyone around her. And the seizures are mild.

We're heading in the right direction.

"Believe" is a song from My Morning Jacket's latest album The Waterfall. I've become obsessed with this band, and can't believe (no pun) it took me so long to pay attention to them. Jim James is from another planet. The band is just amazing. "Believe" is actually my least favorite song on the album, but the word is among my top favorite words in the English language. Yo creo - it's pretty nice in Spanish too.

So, the big news is.... (drumroll, please).. We got the medicinal hemp oil (CBD) for Josie to try as an anti-seizure medicine. I've written about it before, the marijuana-derived cannabidiol (CBD), which is stripped of THC (the part of marijuana that makes you high). It's been all over the news, including a CNN special called "Weeds," about it being tremendously successful in helping children and adults with seizures. More and more states are now legalizing it. New York is pretty late to the party, but we can now get it shipped here. So no more considerations of moving to Colorado for me!

Josie had her first dose today. Numero uno. We are continuing all her other (heavy duty) meds while we try this and the idea is that if she doesn't have any seizures, we can start to reduce the others. So we will wait and see how it works and I'll do a whole lot of believing that this can be the trick.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Honk For a Cure : The Power of "Yes"

To "Say" Thanks

The Air That I Breathe...