Gotta Let Your Soul Shine..

...Shine 'til the break of day.

An update from Josie's school

Josie's teacher has been sending me some photos of our little school girl. She writes, "Josie brings so much joy to our classroom. From the minute she arrives, she's got us all laughing."

That's my girl. Life isn't what we planned, right? We sure didn't plan that Josie wouldn't be able to walk into her kindergarten classroom by herself or talk to her friends, but if she can laugh every day and be someone who brings joy to those around her, well, she's doing just fine.

The soundtrack of Josie's Journey: "Soulshine" by The Allman Brother's Band

So why the title of this post? Soulshine is one of my all-time favorite songs. It's originally an Allman Brothers tune, written by Warren Haynes with vocals by Gregg Allman. Warren's kept it strong with his Gov't Mule version.

So get this... in two nights in NYC, there will be a benefit concert celebrating the 20th anniversary of a beautiful foundation called A Song of Love Foundation. It's a non-profit organization that is dedicated to creating professional, uplifting songs for children going through a tough time - either medically, physically, and/or emotionally. And for this event, they've chosen Josie to be the recipient of the 27,000th Song of Love!!

Pretty amazing, huh? It gets better... the event is a concert featuring the music of the Allman Brothers performed by some incredible artists like Scott Sharrard, Jackie Green, Scott Metzger, Marc Quinones, Shawn Pelton, Pete Levin, and Brett Bass. Check out the announcement on Gregg Allman's website!

Two full sets of Allmans. There are just so many incredible songs. I mean, Whipping Post, Midnight Rider, Blue Sky, In Memory of Elizabeth Reed, Jessica, Melissa.. The songbook goes on and on.

But this is why it's so personal and meaningful.. Before the sets kick off, the entire audience will be given the lyrics to the brand new Song of Love.. Josie's song! Josie is going to have her own song! We're so moved by this and just so grateful for every opportunity to help raise awareness for Foxg1. Thank you so much Songs of Love!

Josie has given me a new definition of Soulshine. 

She speaks and loves through something so much greater than words and body language. It's something I don't know that I'll ever have the words to describe, but she sure let's her soul shine.

Let your soul shine,
It's better than sunshine,
It's better than moonshine,
Damn sure better than rain.
Lord, now people don't mind,
We all get this way sometimes,
Gotta let your soul shine, shine till the break of day.

Oh and here is Josie with her new friend in school, Jasmine. Note their hands:


Josie: Oh girl, Hillary crushed the Donald in round one of the debate!
Jasmine: But that red pants suit? A little much.

Comments

  1. My life is beautiful thanks to you, Mein Helfer. Lord Jesus in my life as a candle light in the darkness. You showed me the meaning of faith with your words. I know that even when I cried all day thinking about how to recover, you were not sleeping, you were dear to me. I contacted the herbal center Dr Itua, who lived in West Africa. A friend of mine here in Hamburg is also from Africa. She told me about African herbs but I was nervous. I am very afraid when it comes to Africa because I heard many terrible things about them because of my Christianity. god for direction, take a bold step and get in touch with him in the email and then move to WhatsApp, he asked me if I can come for treatment or I want a delivery, I told him I wanted to know him I buy ticket in 2 ways to Africa To meet Dr. Itua, I went there and I was speechless from the people I saw there. Patent, sick people. Itua is a god sent to the world, I told my pastor about what I am doing, Pastor Bill Scheer. We have a real battle beautifully with Spirit and Flesh. Adoration that same night. He prayed for me and asked me to lead. I spent 2 weeks and 2 days in Africa at Dr Itua Herbal Home. After the treatment, he asked me to meet his nurse for the HIV test when I did it. It was negative, I asked my friend to take me to another nearby hospital when I arrived, it was negative. I was overwhite with the result, but happy inside of me. We went with Dr. Itua, I thank him but I explain that I do not have enough to show him my appreciation, that he understands my situation, but I promise that he will testify about his good work. Thank God for my dear friend, Emma, I know I could be reading this now, I want to thank you. And many thanks to Dr. Itua Herbal Center. He gave me his calendar that I put on my wall in my house. Dr. Itua can also cure the following diseases ... Cancer, HIV, Herpes, Hepatitis B, Inflammatory Liver, Diabetis, Bladder Cancer,Colorectal Cancer,HPV,Breast Cancer,Kidney Cancer,Leukemia,Lun,Fribroid,Infertility,Parkinson's disease,Inflammatory bowel disease ,Fibromyalgia, recover your ex. You can contact him by email or whatsapp, @ .. drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com, phone number .. + 2348149277967 .. He is a good doctor, talk to him kindly. I'm sure he will also listen to you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Honk For a Cure : The Power of "Yes"

The Air That I Breathe...

And now we have a diagnosis.